What is a Welcomer?
Welcomers help ensure all our visitors to the Cathedral have a warm welcome and enjoy their visit. They represent the cathedral and are sensitive to the needs of each person whom they encounter.
- Providing a warm welcome to people of all ages, cultures and backgrounds to the cathedral
- Helping everyone to have an enjoyable/good and safe visit
- Offering information about the cathedral to visitors
- Working alongside other volunteers, staff and clergy at the cathedral
- Being the public face of the cathedral to our visitors
- Becoming familiar with and following the Cathedral’s policies always
- Potentially, being available to help in other ways in the life of the Cathedral
How you may benefit
- Becoming part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meeting people from all walks of life and making new friends
- Improving your communication and people skills
- Enjoying new experiences and learning new things
This role will suit people who… enjoy working with people and helping them have a good time and who are interested in helping people discover the life of the cathedral both in history and today.
|Time commitment||2¼ hours each fortnight on a rota|
|Contact for more information
||Mrs Jill Bolland
|Training/Resources||Training about the cathedral and the role will be given. There
is a Volunteers’ Resources section in the Cathedral Library
for those who wish to explore more deeply.