Choral Scholarships (both for boys and girls) are available to teenagers, most of whom have previously been Choristers. Typical entry points are 13+ and 16+ and they typically sing in the Choir until they enter tertiary education or employment.
Ripon is the only cathedral in the North of England that offers choral scholarships to teenagers. We wholeheartedly believe that the most talented boys and girls aged 13-18 should be given an opportunity to fully immerse themselves in the English Choral Tradition and we seek to celebrate our local talent in that way.
Becoming a Choral Scholar at Ripon
- Open to boys and girls aged 14-18
- Regular weekly rehearsals and sung services
- Choral Scholars also form their own choir, Ripon Cathedral Consort
- Excellent preparation for Oxbridge Choral Scholarships
What are we looking for?
- A good voice and some experience in choral singing
- playing an instrument
- Supportive parents who are willing to commit
Click here for more details.
WE ARE RECRUITING NOW FOR SEPTEMBER 2022!
The Director of Music, Dr Ronny Krippner, is always pleased to hear about potential applicants. To discuss an audition or to find out more, please contact Dr Krippner by email: email@example.com