In a world still gripped by the coronavirus pandemic, we at Ripon Cathedral remain keen to support people as much as possible.
In the light of the increasing number of COVID cases in our area, and the extreme pressure upon the NHS, larger cathedral services, including the Sunday 10.30am Eucharist, will now be entirely on-line although smaller services continue.
Opening Times for Private Prayer & Smaller Acts of Worship
The cathedral remains open for reduced hours Monday – Sunday with revised opening times of 10am – 4pm.
Morning Prayer 10am
Daily Eucharist 12 noon (Mon-Sat)
Sunday Eucharist (BCP) 12.30pm
Evening Prayer at 3.30pm.
The Sunday 10.30am is live-streamed on Youtube
We are also keen to respond if people have practical needs resulting from isolation. Please, do contact us via email on email@example.com or 01765 603462.
In this Epiphany season, it is important we continue to celebrate God’s gift of his Son, remembering that the assurance of his constant, trustworthy presence with us is for everyone’s benefit in all circumstances of life. So, the good news of Jesus Christ remains as vital as ever as we support each other in these challenging days.
The cathedral is primarily a community of prayer. Here is a prayer inspired by one of William Temple,
Grant, O Lord, that as the seasons ever change,
we may find rest in your unchangeableness.
May we meet new challenges bravely,
sure in the faith that while much is uncertain,
and life changes around us,
you are ever the same,
guiding us with your wisdom
and protecting us with your love;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Thanks to bell ringer Robert Wood who’ll be tolling our mammoth tenor bell (1.25 tonnes) 100 times starting 12.30pm… https://t.co/9l4RLj5TukRipon Cathedral about 17 hours ago
- @holland_tom Blink and you miss it. Proud of Yorkshire's finest!Ripon Cathedral about 1 days ago
- Did you know that you can leave the gift of a Legacy? We would very much appreciate your leaving an unrestricted… https://t.co/wZFuzZAcLcRipon Cathedral about 1 days ago
- The moon shining brightly over the historic west front. Blue and gold. #architecture #cathedralgram… https://t.co/YzHfSEfzlwRipon Cathedral about 2 days ago
- Beautiful golden light yesterday evening - we can't wait to see the daffodils bloom in the churchyard.… https://t.co/PkcrXHLp0TRipon Cathedral about 3 days ago